At Satya Yoga we want you to feel welcomed and included. So, we kindly ask you to follow these simple guidelines to make sure your experience with us will be comfortable and enjoyable. Please keep in mind:
Before leaving home
- Wear light comfortable clothing that you can easily move in. Yoga is best done in bare feet. So, for safety reasons please no socks, you may slip on the mat.
- Bring your own mat (or use the one at the studio). Bring less personal belongings as possible.
- Refrain from eating a heavy meal at least 2-3 hours before class. Yoga is better on an empty stomach. Healthy snack (such as fruits or nuts) as least one hour before class.
- Be scent free – please avoid wearing any fragrances, perfumes or any other strong scent as many people may have allergies.
- If you have any medical issues, please consult your doctor to ensure the class is suitable for you. Also if you are quite sick or have a bad cough please stay at home and rest. Join us when you have recovered.
Once you arrived
- Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to start of class. All classes start on time. The door will be locked as soon as the class starts. Sorry no late comers in order to respect others who are doing their practice.
- Please leave your shoes within the reception area and hang your coats and bags at the back of the studio.
- Please turn off your cell or other gadgets completely before entering the studio.
- Sign-in at the front desk before rolling out your mat.
- Be mindful when you enter or exit the studio in considerations for others in practice.
- If you have any injuries/ medical conditions, let the teacher know before start of class. Please remember teachers are not doctors or therapists and will not be giving any medical advice.
- If you are pregnant – It is important to inform the teacher before class starts. Not all classes are suitable for pregnancy check with your doctor. Sorry, we do not have prenatal classes yet.
- Should your wish not to have any hands-on assistance, please let the teacher know before start of class.
Be mindful of others
- Your practice is yours. We encourage you to listen to your body and move at your own pace without any judgement or expectations.
- Don’t skip Savasana. One of the most important poses of your practice, a chance to relax completely.
- Please take time to wipe down the studio mat with the spray and sponges provided. Also wipe any props you may have used and please put them back in their proper places. We like to try and keep our studio safe and clean.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to talk to the teacher after class.
Thank you for your understanding, Namaste.
“Remember, it doesn’t matter how deep into a posture you go-what does matter is who you are when you get there,”
– Max Strom
JOIN OUR community
To receive updates on workshops and community events