New to Yoga
Here at Satya Yoga we want to work together to make you feel comfortable and included in our yoga community. So, here are a few steps to get you started on your journey:
Come to our class
- Register on-line or come into the studio to fill out a registration and a waiver form. We will be glad to see you.
All you need to bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move easily during practice, nothing too baggy or too loose. Yoga practice is best done in bare feet. So, for safety reasons please avoid wearing socks during practice, you might slip on the mat.
- Your own yoga mat, it you have one (good for hygiene). If you don’t have one, we will provide one for FREE.
- Your own water bottle so you can drink water if you get thirsty during class. It’s always best to drink before and after class.
Arrive 10 – 15 minutes before class starts
- Gives yourself enough time to check in at the desk, remove your shoes before entering the studio, roll out your mat and quietly settle into your body. Doors will be locked at the start of the class. Sorry no late comers.
Introduce yourself to the instructor
- Let the teacher know that it’s your first time and about any health concerns you might have. Also feel free to ask questions before and after the class.
Come with an open-mind
- Bring your awesome self to the practice with an open-mind and heart. Ready to work, to connect and to enjoy. Remember: the more you practice the more you benefit from each class.
- For more check out Studio Etiquette
JOIN OUR community
To receive updates on workshops and community events